We are recruiting on behalf of our client within the telecommunications industry for a Business Analyst with Product Ownership experience or a Product Manager with strong analysis skills to work on site for our client representing ij. The role will work alongside the Product Owners and other Product Analysts an Agile Release Train (ART) or Scrum delivering as part of a major digital transformation initiative. The role requires a strong business analyst capable of not only documenting but also interpreting and defining business requirements in support of the Product Owner role. The Product Analyst will understand business requirements and work with the development team to ensure the realisation of business benefits. Finding solutions via deep analysis and research will be your passion. You will have experience of agile delivery and be an excellent and creative communicator.
Key Objectives in the Period:
- Work as part of a team to set-up and manage the Value Prioritised Backlog the ART or individual Scrums
- Establish interfaces with up-stream and downstream teams alongside the Product Owner
- Support the Product Owner in defining the Product Vision, Feature Definition and User Stories for relevant Programme iterations
- Analyse requirements and document in Jira
Essential skills, experience:
- 5 years’ experience working as a Business Analyst in complex multi-project or scrum deliveries
- Stakeholder management skills essential
- Telecoms experience essential
- SAFe Agile experience and knowledge of Jira essential
- Process Analysis & design essential
- Agile experience essential, including SAFe Agile and ideally certification (SAFe Product Owner)
- Good Communications Skills
Ideal skills, experience:
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrable creativity in engaging business stakeholders in the design and delivery process
- Confident running customer workshops
- Process documentation and definition tools e.g. ARIS, VISIO, etc.)
- Experience of similar digital transformation programmes
- Experience mentoring, training or coaching others to develop agile skill-sets
- Experience working with off-shore teams
- Proactive, team player
- Ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail
- Able to handle changing priorities
- Able to work at a fast pace
Key Deliverables in the period:
- Product Analyst Iteration (*.sharepoint) The following represents a super-set of potential activities and deliverables precise content of each iteration to be agreed as part of projects’ prioritisation process. Format and templates for standardised artifacts are expected to be provide by Vodafone. Where required ij will provide. Many of the following documents will be updated and refined as part of each iteration
- Product Vision & Overall Roadmap (*.ppt) This document defines the product goals and objectives including the key business benefits and customer requirements. It provides an overall product roadmap against which Epics and their component User Stories are mapped, this serves as a framework for the Backlog
- Product KPI’s, Metrics and Prioritisation Criteria (*xls) This document defines the product metrics and articulates the prioritisation criteria to enable product backlog prioritisation and provide a basis for reporting to the business
- Product Backlog (*.jira) This is document is owned by the product owner with detailed Feature and User Story definition. It provides the key input to structuring Epics, Sprints and therefore the delivery plan.
- Traceability Matrix ( *.jira) This documents business requirements and enables traceability through delivery against the overall product vision.
- Feature Definition (*.jira) Based on analysis of business requirements including customer research, Features describe and define a functional component of the product against which customer needs can be mapped. As Features can span a number of user roles, stories and use cases they are critical to the success of the ART and will support overall ART backlog prioritisation.
- Feature delivery Assurance Analysis (*.ppt; *.jira) This document enables business and customer stakeholders to clearly see how customer needs are met through the delivery. It includes UATs and other testing definitions to assure delivery.
- User Story and Use Case Definition (*.jira) Defines the user stories and use cases required to deliver features
- Showcase & Retrospective Analysis (*.doc) For each product showcase and retrospective, the product owner provides analysis as a) feedback to the business, b) feedback to shape the next sprint or update the product backlog.
- Product Business Case (*.xls; *.ppt) Business case is updated based on detailed delivery within sprints, it is used to support prioritisation and track the delivery of business benefits. It is used by the programme management and delivery teams to plan programme delivery and budgets.
inglis jane are digital delivery experts. Since 2001 our community of outcome-focused professionals have used their experience and drive to provide swift, effective solutions for our customers.We work with a diverse range of businesses, including FTSE 100s and start-ups, and across industries including telecoms, media, banking and the Internet. We offer a full range of recruitment services – from contract to permanent and from executive search to developing high-performing teams.
Whether you are applying for a contract or a permanent role with ij, we aim to make your experience:
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability and age.
Data use and privacy are also important to us. Our policy in relation to Job Seekers’ personal information can be found at https://www.inglisjane.co.uk/privacy-policy