We currently have a requirement for a Communications Manager to work on-site for one of our large telecoms clients representing Inglis Jane. This role is working within a key digital transformation programme in the domain of sales and commercial operations. The Communications Manager will be accountable for defining and executing a multi-media communications plan. The audience includes internal stakeholders across the business and technology domains, as well as key vendors and systems integrators. The campaign should promote, high levels of awareness and understanding of the strategic objectives, benefits and impact on the areas affected. Developing, owning and managing an effective audience-relevant communications plan through a wide variety of mediums. The role will involve working closely with the program teams, business readiness teams and central and local communications teams.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Produce relevant and timely project and engagement materials to keep teams informed, share best practise and results
- Write and publish Communications content such as Yammer articles, Facebook Workplace, Videos, Newsletter articles, presentations, broadcasts to create excitement and awareness for Go-live and beyond Plan, manage and coordinate launch events
- Build and manage a Stakeholder engagement plan to ensure the right stakeholders are identified from across the business functions both centrally and in local markets and appropriate levels of engagement are maintained.
- Provide support in ensuring successful engagement events are executed in line with the deployment plan and overall messaging.
- Provide tools, techniques, standards and methodologies to ensure the business deployment networks can communicate in readiness for commercial launches.
- Produce engagement materials and content to support all project business change, programme and deployment activities.
- Develop adoption and readiness materials to gain buy in for project benefits and create demand (and gain credibility)
- Ensure alignment of messaging across all deployment channels through liaison with local markets and group internal communication.
- Communications – Work with the Change Manager and Business Owners to develop and maintain a communications plan including establishing a Stakeholder map (RACI). Issue programme communication, as required
Skills & Competences:
- Experience of both internal and customer-facing marketing communications in a business-to-business context.
- Self-motivated and takes the initiative
- Customer centric style
- Facilitating team work
- Flexible with the ability to maintain effectiveness in a changing environment
- Personal resilience and can do approach – ability to inspire and drive change through others
- Planning and organisation – ability to translate the different stages of engagement into a deliverable comm’s plan and drive execution.
- Ability to articulate complex scenarios into simple, easy to understand communications
- Must have technical / professional qualifications
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills. Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English/able to work in an English speaking environment.
- Good analytical skills (listening, questioning, challenging etc.)
- Experience of Microsoft suite including Powerpoint, Yammer and SharePoint - essential
- Experience of Facebook Workplace and other social or digital media channels - desirable
- Experience of any communications video editing & publishing tools is essential
- Experience of Event Management is essential
- Key performance indicators: Development and Ownership of Comm’s Campaign for Go-lIve & Successful Stakeholder Engagement
- Alignment of messages across all communication deployment channels
Interfaces: Reports into Business Owner, matrix management with business Change Lead and Project Manager
Demonstrable experience of successfully supporting the delivery of complex projects & programmes to meet business expectations & deliver results. Experience of developing and driving project/programme communications campaigns in a previous role.
Communications & Engagement:
Demonstrable strong communications and engagement and relationship building and campaign management capability. Excellent authoring and publishing skills.
Proactively identify risk that may impact a successful campaign completion. Record and assure visibility of identified project risks.
Monitor project environment:
Personal resilience and can-do approach – ability to inspire and drive change through others
Monitor/report project status:
Strong organisational & time management skills. Excellent authoring and publishing. Planning and organisation – ability to translate the different stages of engagement into a deliverable comm’s plan and drive execution
Provide excellent customer service:
Work to understand Customer needs and requirements and respond with foresight, thoroughness and dedication. Provide best-in-class services/products that meet requirements. Demonstrates a customer centric approach.
Inglis Jane was founded in 2001 to provide contract product and innovation management services to telecom and Internet companies. Since then, ij has grown organically into a unique hybrid of a contract and permanent recruitment agency and a full service consultancy. We are experienced in delivering across a wide range of businesses from start-ups to FTSE 100 companies and we offer a diverse and valuable set of services.
Working with ij gives you access to programme, product and portfolio delivery expertise throughout the entire project life-cycle; from ideation to successful completion and audit.
We aim to make the experience of working with ij:
- Fast & Flexible
- Solutions and Service focused
- Simple & Straightforward
ij recruit operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability and age.