We are recruiting on behalf of our client within the telecommunications industry for an Innovation Manager to work on site for our client representing ij. This is truly an exciting opportunity as the successful candidate would get to work alongside some very interesting people and have a lot of exposure to the business.
Our client does amazing things to empower everybody to be confidently connected, that could be anything from providing superfast network speed to smartphones, to making farmers lives easier with mobile money payments or streaming music into a car through the internet of things. As you can imagine, this means that we have a pretty vibrant and diverse mix of skills and people, this making it a great place to work.
We are looking for an individual that can support our innovation agenda and pursue opportunities for our client to participate in emerging or disruptive technologies and new growth business models being generated by start-ups and academics globally. This is a really exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual, with high levels of energy who is able to multi-task and get stuck in.
What’s in it for you:
- Working across a broad range of stakeholders both inside and outside our client as well as diverse subject matter
- Having business exposure and accountability from day one
- Chance to exercise your entrepreneurial mind-set within a large multinational and influence others to follow suit
- Working for an industry-leading company that spans across different countries around the world
- Exposure to developments in the latest technology and an immersion into our client’s digital priorities
- Ensure we fully engage stakeholders at all levels through written contact, verbal contact and presentations
- Create presentations targeted at senior management audiences: internal and external audiences
Project Management / Event Management
- Ensure specific programmes and events are managed to a strong level of detail
- Work with start-ups and Vodafone stakeholders to develop and deliver programmes and events and ensure flawless delivery.
- Support desk-based and personal assessment of potential startups and ensure internal stakeholders follow through
- Interact personally with selected universities regarding their startup, research and entrepreneur programmes
- Lead or support various internal and external communications process, including events attended or hosted. These include innovation sessions with
- Local Markets, Group Functions as well as ‘all-employee’ events
- Support management of an internal community through use of social and other channels and management of database
- Maintain and incrementally develop ‘Digest’ (our start-up directory)
- Ensure the Fast Track Procurement Process is progressing
- Lead or support on specific innovation programmes.
What we’re looking for:
- Strong Comms Skills:
- Previous experience of internal communications including personally writing and editing content.
- Detailed conscious and meticulously accurate in all internal and external communications.
- Experience of comms via through social media(eg Facebook workplace, LinkedIn)
- Events and Programmes – experience of personally managing and leading events and programmes
- Strong interpersonal skills – internal and external audiences
- Background in using Microsoft (e.g. SharePoint, PowerPoint, excel) platforms.
- Positive attitude, willing to learn, willing to challenge; High work rate
- Previous work experience of innovation / start-ups
- Passion for new disruptive thinking
inglis jane are digital delivery experts. Since 2001 our community of outcome-focused professionals have used their experience and drive to provide swift, effective solutions for our customers.
We work with a diverse range of businesses, including FTSE 100s and start-ups, and across industries including telecoms, media, banking and the Internet. We offer a full range of recruitment services – from contract to permanent and from executive search to developing high-performing teams.
Whether you are applying for a contract or a permanent role with ij, we aim to make your experience:
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability and age.
Data use and privacy are also important to us. Our policy in relation to Job Seekers’ personal information can be found at https://www.inglisjane.co.uk/privacy-policy