We are currently recruiting on behalf of our client within the Technology sector for a Junior Project Manager to work on site for our client representing ij.
The role will require a strong PM to deliver on key projects. You will be working alongside a number of stakeholders across the business and will be involved in making sure key strategic projects are being delivered. Ideally you will have Agile experience and be comfortable working in an ITIL framework. As a Project Manager, you will be driving high standards of continuous improvement ensuring SLA’s and KPI’s are met. You will be responsible for providing regular reporting and dashboards to measure service delivery metrics.
As the project manager you will:
- Create and deliver project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet requirements during each relevant phase of the project.
- Identify resources and any related gaps and assign responsibilities.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of the workstream to which you are assigned.
- Competent in various project management methodologies.
- Works with in-house and 3rd party consultants and analysts to define and document questions, support the global process owner in liaising with the business to validate requirements and explain feasibility.
- Submits project status reports.
- Previous project management experience.
- Ability to rapidly understand a business process.
- Confident working closely with technical teams, business stakeholders up to C-level and 3rd party teams.
- An ability to ‘hit the ground’ running and add value quickly.
- Be directional, collaborative and strongly supportive of the assigned workstream in a context in which everyone works as ‘one team’.
- A go-getter and a resolution-focused person. You will not take no for an answer and you will be driven by a focus on delivery and on removal of the roadblocks on your way.
- Demonstrable versatility. Ability to wear many hats and adapt in fast moving global organisations.
- Ideally degree in Business or other related subject
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build strong working relationships quickly..
Operational tasks & Responsibilities
- Methodology & Governance - Application of standard Project/Programme controls and methodology. Work closely with Programme Manager and CPO to establish Governance Framework for Programme and associated Projects including establishment of relevant governance meetings: workstream meetings, programme boards etc. as appropriate.
- Planning – Create and manage programme plans, milestone tracker and roadmaps with milestones aligned to budget forecasting
- Risks & Issues – Management of Risks, Assumptions, Issues and dependency logs with proactive management to close out actions in a timely manner
- Change Management – Ensure adherence to the change control process - Maintain Change Control logs including prioritisation and analysis against Portfolio & programme plans and budgets. Communicate process and policy changes where necessary.
- Deliverables - Create and maintain a deliverables tracker to ensure that all deliverables are tracked, reviewed and approved for relevant project gates Document Control - Ensure that documents comply with the document control process and are stored within the relevant programme document repository (e.g. SharePoint).
- Assurance – assist projects to prepare for project gates - ensure that appropriate quality is maintained and work closely with the CPO to ensure smooth transition through gates. Analyse any missed gates to identify roots causes.
- Reporting – responsible for consolidating workstream reports to produce concise and accurate summary report for programme and portfolio meetings. Ensure consistency and integrity of project information across all workstreams
- Communications – Work with the Programme Manager and Business Owners to develop and maintain a communications plan including establishing a Stakeholder map (RACI). Liaise with the CPO to ensure consistency of communications across the Portfolio including co- ordination of communications activities. Issue programme communication, as required.
- Understanding of complexity
- Agile delivery approach
- Cope with ambiguity
- PowerPoint & Excel
inglis jane are digital delivery experts. Since 2001 our community of outcome-focused professionals have used their experience and drive to provide swift, effective solutions for our customers.We work with a diverse range of businesses, including FTSE 100s and start-ups, and across industries including telecoms, media, banking and the Internet. We offer a full range of recruitment services – from contract to permanent and from executive search to developing high-performing teams.
Whether you are applying for a contract or a permanent role with ij, we aim to make your experience:
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability and age.
Data use and privacy are also important to us. Our policy in relation to Job Seekers’ personal information can be found at https://www.inglisjane.co.uk/privacy-policy