We are currently recruiting on behalf of our client within the telecommunications sector for a Programme Specialist. The Programme Specialist (PS) supports the Programme Manager and Project Managers working within the Programme to deliver their projects within agreed timescales and budget. To ensure delivery of the project outputs to the required quality through the adherence to standard Project/Programme controls and methodology and applicable Governance Framework.
The PS will provide tool and process support for Programme and Project Managers, ensure adherence to reporting calendars, maintain the validity of information, and track the status of Projects and Programmes to meet deadlines and quality assurance/service metrics. The PS will liaise with the Central Portfolio Office (CPO) and support programme level reporting and communications.
Key Objectives in this period:
- Methodology & Governance – Support with the coordination and the running of programme meetings incl. preparation and minutes and ensure they adhere to project reporting standards and processes (i.e. standard templates, dashboards, minutes)
- Planning – Help create and manage programme plans, milestone tracker and roadmaps with milestones aligned to budget forecasting
- Risks & Issues – Understand the Management of Risks, Assumptions, Issues and Dependency logs with proactive management to close out actions in a timely manner
- Change Management – Support the PSS and ensure adherence to the change control process. Communicate process and policy changes where necessary.
- Deliverables – Help to maintain a deliverables tracker to ensure that all deliverables are tracked, reviewed and approved for relevant project gates
- Assurance – assist to prepare for project gates - ensure that appropriate quality is maintained and work closely with the CPO to ensure smooth transition through gates. Analyse any missed gates to identify roots causes.
- Reporting – responsible for consolidating work-stream reports to produce concise and accurate summary report for programme and portfolio meetings. Ensure consistency and integrity of project information across all work-streams
- Communications – Work with other members of the PMO team providing support where needed
Reporting:Reports into CPO - Provides Day to Day support for Assigned Programme(s) working directly with Programme and Project Managers
- Ability to present to all levels of stakeholders
- Able to manage working under pressure and to tight timescales
- Effective communication skills and presentation skills
- Must be able to review business cases and ensure that benefits are realised
- Ownership of the project plan, risk/raid log
- At least 12 months’ experience in a corporate environment
- Previous Telco Experience
- Aspiration to become a Project or Programme manager
- Experience of working in a complex, highly matrixed and fast paced environment
- AGILE Experience
- Demonstrates high energy, enthusiasm and passion in the subject matter
- Must be a self-starter and a quick learner
- Must be proficient with MS Products such as excel, word, PowerPoint and previous experience of SharePoint would be an advantage.
Rates of pay dependent on experience
inglis jane are digital delivery experts. Since 2001 our community of outcome-focused professionals have used their experience and drive to provide swift, effective solutions for our customers.
We work with a diverse range of businesses, including FTSE 100s and start-ups, and across industries including telecoms, media, banking and the Internet. We offer a full range of recruitment services – from contract to permanent and from executive search to developing high-performing teams.
Whether you are applying for a contract or a permanent role with ij, we aim to make your experience:
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability and age.
Data use and privacy are also important to us. Our policy in relation to Job Seekers’ personal information can be found at https://www.inglisjane.co.uk/privacy-policy