We are recruiting on behalf of our client within the telecommunications industry for a Programme Lead to work on site for our client representing ij . The role will require a strong Programme Lead to deliver on key projects. You will be working alongside a number of senior stakeholders across the business and will be involved in making sure key strategic transformation projects are being delivered. Ideally you will have agile experience and be comfortable working in an ITIL framework. Telecoms experience is essential.
The Programme Lead will lead on the purpose and status of the projects in a program and have the oversight to support project-level activity to ensure the program goals are met by providing a decision-making capacity that cannot be achieved at project level. The programme manager will be responsible in managing several related projects with the intention of improving the organisation's performance. The role will be working closely but not responsible for systems engineering, change management and business transformation.
Our client has successfully devised a strategy for 5G which includes the development of 2 key propositions for Edge Computing:
- Dedicated MEC for Private Networks
- Distributed MEC for wide network deployment, a shared tenant solution.
In line with our clients Agile delivery approach using Lean and SAFe methodologies, the LOB will define the propositions and prioritise features using Lean Portfolio Management (LPM) and co-creation tools (with customers, partners and other client stakeholders), and the product will be delivered using an Agile Release Train (ART).
Key Deliverables in the period:
The following represents a super-set of potential activities and deliverables precise content of each iteration to be agreed as part of projects’ prioritisation process. Format and templates for standardised artifacts are expected to be provide by our client. Where required ij will provide. Many of the following documents will be updated and refined as part of each iteration
- Product Vision & Overall Roadmap (*.ppt) This document defines the product goals and objectives including the key business benefits and customer requirements. It provides an overall product roadmap against which Epics and their component User Stories are mapped, this serves as a framework for the Backlog
- Product Business Case (*.xls; *.ppt) Business case is updated based on detailed delivery within sprints, it is used to support prioritisation and track the delivery of business benefits. It is used by the programme management and delivery teams to plan programme delivery and budgets.Product KPI’s, Metrics and Prioritisation Criteria (*xls) This document defines the product metrics and articulates the prioritisation criteria to enable product backlog prioritisation and provide a basis for reporting to the business
- Product Backlog (*.xls; *.jira) This is document is owned by the product owner and provides the key input to structuring Epics, Sprints and therefore the delivery plan
- Showcase & Retrospective Analysis (*.doc) For each product showcase and retrospective, the product owner provides analysis as a) feedback to the business, b) feedback to shape the next sprint or update the product backlog.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to lead a programme
- Excellent stakeholder engagement
- Proactive & a Self-starter
Inglis Jane was founded in 2001 to provide contract product and innovation management services to telecom and Internet companies. Since then, ij has grown organically into a unique hybrid of a contract and permanent recruitment agency and a full service consultancy. We are experienced in delivering across a wide range of businesses from start-ups to FTSE 100 companies and we offer a diverse and valuable set of services.Working with ij gives you access to programme, product and portfolio delivery expertise throughout the entire project life-cycle; from ideation to successful completion and audit.
We aim to make the experience of working with ij:
- Fast & Flexible
- Solutions and Service focused
- Simple & Straightforward
ij recruit operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability and age.