We are looking for a Solution Architect that will support the implementation of international roaming for our client by working with the Core Networks, Billing and Operational Support teams. The role will also work closely with third party suppliers for the mobile network infrastructure and for international roaming connectivity (sponsored roaming providers).
The Roaming Solution Architect will be the lead person to drive the international roaming solution architecture and the delivery of that architecture to support the commercial services defined for our client’s customers using international roaming.
This role will build an architectural framework that will enable international roaming for now and in the future. Specifically, it will cover network and IT architecture across the following areas:
- Billing, Fraud Management and Revenue Assurance
- Core Networks, HSS and Interconnect
- Operational Support Systems and the Network Operations Center
- Interactions with SIM and Devices
It will also involve working with third party suppliers and defining their fit with the overall architecture. These supplier areas will include:
- Core networks
- SIM & eSIM
- Rich Communication Service (RCS)
- Fraud Management and Revenue Assurance
- Clearing House Functions (FCH / DCH)
- Connectivity and Signalling (including voice, SMS, IPX, etc.)
From the solution architecture, the role will then involve:
- Identifying gaps in the current network and the planned architecture
- Working with all stakeholders internally and externally to develop a plan to address gaps in a timely manner to support commercial launch in October 2019
- Managing a plan to identify problems early and overcome challenges to deliver the roaming solution architecture to support our client’s customers for October 2019 and beyond.
Past commercial launch, this role will support an architectural evolution to support future services and enhance roaming offering for customers.
- Building and agreeing the solution architecture with input from internal and external stakeholders as outlined above
- Developing a gap analysis of the current architecture and what is needed to support international roaming
- Construct a detailed project plan to deliver on the target solution architecture and address gaps to support commercial launch in October 2019
- Define reporting and alerting requirements to identify and address issues in the plan as early as possible
- Report regularly on progress of delivering the roaming solution architecture and raise potential issues clearly to the team with recommendations for resolution
- Work with product management teams to develop a roadmap of the evolution of the solution architecture past launch to support service and tariff plans for international roaming
- Build relationships with key internal stakeholders to gain input and understanding of the currently planned Mobile Network and how it supports international roaming
- Build relationships with key external partners, working with them to optimize solution architecture and bring new ideas to further enhance our international roaming offering
- Help design, document and maintain processes for managing the solution architecture to international roaming
- Communicate key insights and findings to product team and other stakeholders
- Constantly be on the lookout for ways to improve monitoring, discover issues and deliver better solution architecture
- Previous experience in mobile network solution architecture including international roaming and interconnect
- A technical degree in IT / Computer Science, Telecommunications, Mobile Networking or related fields (proven industry experience acceptable in place of the degree)
- Proven experience in developing solution architecture in mobile network environments
- Experience in gathering technical and commercial data from multiple sources internally and externally to draw business-relevant conclusions that lead to the overall solution architecture and plan to implement the architecture
- Knowledge in generating business documentation to communicate the solution architecture and plans for implementation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including writing skills in English – other languages including Japanese is desired but not mandatory
The need for the role will be for a minimum of four months with the possibility to extend to 12 months or convert to a full-time role for the right candidate. The candidate does not need to be based in Japan but that is preferable. For candidates not currently in Japan, this will require 2-3 weeks per month in Tokyo.
Compensation to be in line with experience and fit with the role.
inglis jane are digital delivery experts. Since 2001 our community of outcome-focused professionals have used their experience and drive to provide swift, effective solutions for our customers.
We work with a diverse range of businesses, including FTSE 100s and start-ups, and across industries including telecoms, media, banking and the Internet. We offer a full range of recruitment services – from contract to permanent and from executive search to developing high-performing teams.
Whether you are applying for a contract or a permanent role with ij, we aim to make your experience:
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability and age.
Data use and privacy are also important to us. Our policy in relation to Job Seekers’ personal information can be found at https://www.inglisjane.co.uk/privacy-policy