We are recruiting on behalf of our client within the telecommunications industry for a Technical Engineer to work on site for our client representing ij.
Primarily responsible for the remote configuration and commissioning of customer solutions over the MSP, SD-WAN, internet, ITN and legacy core MPLS networks, the Build Test and Integrate (BT&I) department support the provisioning of our clients core IP & Data products, whilst also providing associated Remote Access, Transmission Build,L1 L2 & L3 Testing and Customer Reporting requirements.
The job holder will be responsible for a subset of the above tasks / duties, based on their deployment within BT&I, and as directed by their line manager, but may be required to adapt or assist with other aspects as operationally required. Additionally, manage customer orders, network designs, and carry out technical validation to ensure the integrity of network inventory, systems, and databases is maintained. Further there may be a requirement to support the delivery of key business or customer projects.
Note: SC Clearance (or eligibility) is a mandatory requirement of this role.
- Configuration of customer networks over our clients IPVPN, Internet Products, SD-WAN and MSP core and transmission networks whilst ensuring that all associated customer and network documentation is maintained, inclusive of standard and non-standard customer solutions.
- Prior to customer utilisation, and in accordance with customer network design criteria, ensure quality assurance is maintained, and carry out pre and post configuration testing to ensure error free installation and performance (Layers 1, 2 & 3). Also responsible for OLO fault reporting & liaison
- Validate Customer Design Documentation (CDD), and/or customer order for technical accuracy and viability, whilst ensuring that any discrepancies are reported through identified local processes
- Carry out network configuration and associated activities in adherence to approved Local Work Instructions and GDA configuration guidelines in order to ensure that the integrity of core networks, all systems, databases, and network inventory is maintained
- Validate and carry out planned customer network changes both inside, and outside of departmental core working hours
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the telecommunications field, demonstrating a strong background in data communications with a clear understanding of technologies and systems used, this should include some of the following; SDN, Frame Relay, ATM/ADSL, PDH/SDH, Cisco Routers & Switches, PPP, MLPPP, Ethernet, configuring Cisco, Alcatel and Juniper devices
- Good understanding of; TCP/IP protocols & services (TCP/UDP, IPSec, VoIP, SNMP, DNS, Radius/TACACS+, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF), Transmission fundamentals
- Understanding of MPLS VPN fundamentals and their application within a Service Provider environment, including the application of QoS mechanisms
- Experience of provisioning tools and network management applications such as Oracle IPSA, Alcatel5620SAM, Cramer, Alcatel5620 ATM, SDH / IP platforms: Nortel Preside and associated Mux elements, Marconi /EMOS, Marconi (MSH), Ericsson SOO MV36/MV38, SAP Portal.
- Knowledge of multi -vendor firewall configuration
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- ONC/HNC or equivalent in Computer or Telecommunications Engineering
- Essential: Valid Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) qualification
- Preferable: Juniper JNCIA Junos accreditation.
- Preferable: Valid Cisco Certified Professional qualification (CCNP/CCIP)
inglis jane are digital delivery experts. Since 2001 our community of outcome-focused professionals have used their experience and drive to provide swift, effective solutions for our customers.We work with a diverse range of businesses, including FTSE 100s and start-ups, and across industries including telecoms, media, banking and the Internet. We offer a full range of recruitment services – from contract to permanent and from executive search to developing high-performing teams.
Whether you are applying for a contract or a permanent role with ij, we aim to make your experience:
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability and age.
Data use and privacy are also important to us. Our policy in relation to Job Seekers’ personal information can be found at https://www.inglisjane.co.uk/privacy-policy